Monday, August 30, 2010

Guess The Mystery Object


T
oday I was cleaning out my laundry and I found this thing.


alt

I was wondering if any of you could help me out with what it might be?

It has an electrical cord, so I know it's not an antique, I think it might be some kind of fandangled modern appliance.
I've had a few guesses as to what it might be:

I thought it may have been some kind of early sandwich press, but it took way too long to toast, it toasted unevenly, and it half steamed my ham sandwiches!


alt

I tried to make a cup of tea out of it, but it I had difficulty trying to shove the teabag into the little hole.

alt

I even lined up my boys cars, thinking I may have been able to race it down the slope to victory!
But it ran a dismal last, after not even moving...due to the fact it has no wheels.


alt

I'm absolutely stumped as to what it might be! I hope someone out there can help me out, because it's driving me nuts!
It's obviously something that's not used regularly, or serves any great particular purpose, but on the other hand, I know it's not just ornamental either....
Maybe it's some kind of luxury car item, like a car accelerator warmer?

...Ahhh, I think I might just give up and use it to try and call someone who might know...


alt

No comments: