Monday, August 30, 2010

Ode to the sleepy Mummy

I’ve just been up all night, my children are obscene,

Don’t you dare talk to me, until I’ve had my caffeine.

I’ve poured milk in my juice, and juice in my percolator,

(Yeah, that’s going to make a great cup of coffee later!)

To catch the dropped sugar bowl, I reeeally had to lunge,

And I’ve just lightly toasted the dishwashing sponge.

I’ve brushed my teeth with hair gel, and tooth-pasted my hair,

And the kids have smeared breaky over what I’m s’posed to wear.

Just trying to concentrate is Olympic-like sport,

I’ll go to begin a sentence, and lose my train of...SQUIRREL,

Don’t give me diamonds, chocolates, perfume or flowers,

Because all I ever want is sleep a whole 8 hours!



When was the last time you got a decent sleep? What would you give for 8 hours of shut eye?

No comments: