Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where's my award that says "Slack Blogger" ?



I'm afraid I have been rather remiss in my blogging efforts over the holiday season, so It's high time I got back to it.
And what a better way to return than by being showered with awards!
The Almightily lovely and overly generous Toushka over at (where else but) "...from Toushka" has bestowed apon me the versatile and stylish blogger awards.
Now, I'm one of these people who don't continue on chain mail letters, emails, blogs... whatever.
Therefore, so far I have had 7 years bad luck because of this:
My home has been taken over by insurgent senior citizens who use my lounge room to play their Ninja Bingo. I can't go out in public for fear that the colony of spiders living in my hair may embarrass me somewhat. Every goldfish I have ever owned has died (and I'm pretty sure it isnt from the fact that I hold my ukelele and kazoo lessons right next to their tank). Whenever I'm out the front of my house people drive by and randomly throw things at me, like lamingtons, half used mosquito coils and Christmas hams. And the only good hair cut I have had in that 7 years was when a pack of rabid goats chewed it in my sleep.
However I would be willing to endure this all over again if i was asked to once more continue on a chain letter-blog-thing.
Thankfully Toushka hasnt asked that of me, she has kindly given me this award without any strings attatched, so I may now try and live my life in peace.
Free from the tyranny of the mushrooms that grow in my hallway, free from the pirates who live in my attic and come down on Fridays demanding doubloons, free from the neighbours with halitosis who invite themselves around for scoooooones and aaaaaaaafternoon tea, and free from bad luck in general.
Thank you for not wishing that upon me. Stay classy Toushka.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

attic pirates sound like fun though.. could you keep those? I will send doubloons.

Voluptacon said...

Sure. I don't really mind too much about those. But I WAS running low on doubloons. If you have some spare, that would be ace!